Saturday, August 21, 2010

Yacht Club!

So the cross country trip is over. We spent the rest of the week in New Jersey just relaxing at my parents farm. You'd be surprised how after a trip across the country that could probably be debated as a vacation we actually need some R&R. In our defense this is basically what happened when we got to each city. We arrive and get to a friends house. We tell the person about the wild and crazy things that we've just done in the last city and they're like, "I'm going to make sure this is the best city you go to on your trip!"
They then proceed to party with us really hard. We do tons of crazy things, anything and everything that's offered to us. Part of this trip was about not saying no to any possible experience. People would say, "hey do you want to go do this?" to which we would respond in unison, "YUP!" (I don't literally mean everything. There is an extent to the stuff we will do. Also I don't want you to think I'm talking about drugs because we also didn't experiment with any of those, just adventures.) Anyway back to the story. We then spend two to eight days adventuring and partying with our friends in that city then we leave and they get to go back to normal life speed. We however go to a new city and start the whole thing again. By the time we got to New Jersey We needed a vacation from vacation. That's where Sara Champagne came in!
Sara is a friend of our friend who lives in New York. We've never met her but we got in contact with her during our cross country adventure. She would email and text us, and we became good friends with her too. When we got to New Jersey she asked if we wanted to meet her in New York, take a bus with her to Washington DC and go boating with her.... YUP!
We went up to New York, jumped on a Chinatown bus and drove down to DC. We arrived around midnight.
This is the first thing we saw.

We went to Sara's friend Guy's house and stayed up late acquainting ourselves. Guy is the one who owns the boat, I think you can tell which one he is in this picture. That's Sara in the back too.





I didn't take a lot of pictures of DC, but I did take some.







Ahhhhh, the Yacht Club. My old stomping grounds.



This is my life story. I think I put about seven layers of sunscreen that day, and I still left my shirt on.








This ones for you Chazz.











Man overboard!









I stayed in the cabin for a lot of the day. I'm not made for this weather.







Thank you Sara and Guy for having us! The yacht club was a great way to unwind.

MOAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment